Sunday, April 8, 2012

Callaway RAZR X Tour Irons reviews

I picked to test the new RAZR X irons and originally tried the graphite regular shafts. I sent them back and received a set of Callaway RAZR X Tour Irons reviews with TT R300 shafts. I would like to thank Callaway who went out of their way to get me fitted correctly. I also want to thank Golfwrx for this amazing chance to be a 'tester'.
Callaway RAZR X Tour Irons. The sole design allows the irons to feel just as advertised. They play like they are made for low-mid handicappers but are forgiving on mishits. On one shot today I hit towards the toe about a ¾" but the ball went straight, just lost a bit of distance. Otherwise they were easy to use. I don't have distances down yet but they seem long. I like the balance with regular TT R300 shafts. The trajectory is what you would expect from these shafts. The ball gets up nicely with no ballooning. With the new 2011 groove specs they seem to spin the ball well. So far I cannot tell much difference. I hit a lot of shots with the AW which is 50* more like a PW. Anyway, the TM AW I had with graphite spun the ball very well. I'll have to see how this one is on the course. On the range I could get them to stick, seems to spin OK.

Key Technologies: The all-stainless steel iron repositions 30 grams to the lower portion of the cavity, to create a large sweet spot in line with where average golfers strike the ball (low on the face). Consistent, high ball speeds combine with stronger lofts (long irons strengthened by 2°, short irons by 1°) to produce shots that fly 5 yards longer on average than X-22s.
OUR TESTERS SAY: Dependable performers. RAZR X does its best work in terms of accuracy/forgiveness and distance.
PLAYABILITY: Offset head allows for natural draw bias; lower center of gravity produces towering shots.
ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS: Mis-hits don't sacrifice much in terms of distance or direction; a few testers believe it's impossible to lose shots to the right.
DISTANCE CONTROL: Several testers get up to one full club of extra length through the set.
FEEL: Many testers find it to be very solid yet soft at impact—a steamroller through the hitting zone.
LOOK: Significant offset and massive sole let you know the ball will get up easily and won't slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment