Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Callaway Diablo Octane Driver Review

One thing that I will like to mention about in this Callaway Diablo Octane Driver Review is that it offers great options when it comes to selecting the shafts. A few golfers prefer taylor made diablo octanes too. At times people have been found confusing it with nike or ping, but clearly diablo octane has no relation with them. I went ahead with the Project X Shaft which feels really solid and offers a flex choice between Regular and X-Stiff. It is important to select the right shaft so as not to get disappointing results or zero improvements in handicap. I use Callaway Men’s universal grip to go with the above shaft. I am quite impressed with the head portion too as it has a great design and feels optimum in weight. This alone provides a great confidence when I start my drives. I like the feel and sound of this Callaway Diablo Octane Driver so I won’t be trying any other brands from now. It has a real solid grip and makes a cracking sound at the time of contact which is pleasing to ears. The smoothness and accuracy is impeccable and makes me think why did I kept wasting my time with other things till now.

price is $239.97,sold on website lovegolfclub.com

The marketing campaign for the Callaway Diablo Octane Driver touts 8 more yards of distance. Nice attention grabber - who doesn't want to be using one club less into the green? But real-world testing along with testing on a simulator showed the gains were harder to come by, and in some cases didn't come at all. A solid 1-handicapper tested Diablo Edge and Diablo Octane drivers with the same specs on a launch monitor. The longer shaft on the Octane did result in higher swing speeds and greater ball speed, but another result was more off-center hits and a decrease in average driving distance. That highly skilled 1-handicapper (who also is a recent state "Open" competitor) was losing between 5-8 yards with the Octane compared to the Diablo Edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment